Its not the best idea to edit and post while your tensed. I've grown to know that when your mind and body are aligned and focused, task, like editing blog post, becomes more at ease. So, indulge in my top five ways to get rid of tension before blogging, or any other outlets where you need a clear mind, and choose which works best for you.
Relaxing your mind: There are so many ways to meditate, but, I find that putting my mind at ease is the most important part of this practice. To prepare yourself for meditating, it's important to make sure your surrounding is peaceful, and that you can have at least 10 minutes or more to yourself without interruption. Some people meditate while laying down, sitting Indian style, doing Yoga, etc; However, you decide to practice meditation, allow your mind to rid of negativity, and your area of bad vibes.
Tension release: Don't let stress be the reason your body cannot heal itself. Start to relieve the tension your body by finding out what cause the stress, and then do a stress detox by removing the dead weight of problems. Listed below are my top five ways to get rid of tension caused by stress.
1. Maintain your breathing at the feeling of oncoming tension by taking a few deep breaths. This method alone can handle tension in your facial muscles. Remember to Inhale the issues, and exhale slowly to push those issues out.
2. The quickie method is a full body tension reliever. Try laying flat on your back with your eyes closed, and your arms fully extended flat above your head. Once you are in that position, flex your feet towards the wall, and your arms toward the opposite wall, so you get a full stretch. Breathe evenly while holding your stretch for 5 breaths, and relax. Repeat 3-5 times, and you should feel muscle relaxation.
3. The scalp massage seems to be one of my favorite practices for relieving tension. Its super easy and only takes up 10 minutes of your time. All you need to do is massage your scalp in a circular motion, making sure you work your ways around your head. With me being into my natural hair, I add essential oils to the tips of my fingers and massage my scalp. It relieves tension, and promotes hair growth. Bonus!
4. When you find that stress is building up rapidly, your muscles are getting tight; the Screaming method is highly recommended. Grab a pillow, put your face on it, and scream. I promise its feels like all the frustration is gone, and shortly after you can handle whatever caused that stress with a leveled head.
5. Take a nap. Sometimes a cat nap can feel like a full nights sleep. Try to relax, and take a much needed nap. Your body can simply be over worked, and needs rest.